Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Abby's Table

Hope you are off to a great summer! I want to share some big, exciting changes that are happening for me and Abby's Table this fall. As you may know, my mission for Abby's Table is to inspire a healthy food culture in America by creating celebratory, social dining and education for all kinds of eaters! 

Over the last 4 1/2 years I've gone through various transformations of the business. The "table dinner" experience is the most successful tool I've found to really reach an audience and inspire change. Recently, I've been presented with the exciting opportunity to work on a cookbook about making celebratory, social dining a reality for the home cook.  Starting this fall, I will be distilling Abby's Table into the concept of the "table dinner" which is an all-inclusive dinner party for eaters of all kinds.

In order to do the research for the book and make Abby's Table more useful to home cooks everywhere, I am going mobile! I will continue our summer calendar and then will be moving out of our current kitchen on September 30th. The table dinners will thereafter be "pop up" style events for the cookbook, in which the host or diners will participate in the cooking with me, so that I can learn about how to make the table dinner concept possible and useful for non-professional cooks. This could be you!

So much of my success is due to your incredible support, and I am so excited to take Abby's Table into the homes of people everywhere, beginning here in Portland this fall. I'd love to hear your thoughts, as I am going to be leaning into my community as I research and create an "everybody's at the table" kind of dinner party. If you'd be interested in getting involved as a host or guest or have relevant knowledge about this book project, I'd be so happy to hear from you! I hope to see you at the kitchen for a dinner sometime this summer (our regular schedule continues through September), and I look forward to staying connected thereafter.

 
Thanks again for your support!  Chef Abby
______________________________________________________________________
SUMMER DINNER CALENDAR
Join us for our last 25 dinners in the kitchen!


 
WEDNESDAY + THURSDAY DINNERS 

Italian Inspired - July 17th and 18th, August 28th

Indian Inspired - July 24th and 25th  
Northwest Inspired - July 31st  and Aug. 1st
NW Americana Inspired -  August 7th8th

French Inspired - August 14th,  15th 
 
Middle Eastern Inspired - September 5th and 6th

Full September Menus to Be Posted August 1st.
  
rawravioli
 
  FRIDAY NIGHTS 

Italian - July 19th, Aug. 30th

Indian Inspired  - July 26th

Northwest Inspired  - August 2nd

NW Americana - Aug. 9th

French Inspired  - Aug. 16th

zucchini soup
SIGN UP FOR ALL DINNERS AND EVENTS ONLINE AT OUR CALENDAR PAGE

0 comments: