Friday, January 7, 2011

Host Families Needed

Student Exchange Program
Here is a letter that we have received from a family in Germany that would like to participate in the Student Exchange Program of 2011. They need your help locating a family that understands about helping a celiac student.:
"I got your address from the German Celiac Society and I'm wondering whether your organization would like and is capable to support us with the 2011 Student Exchange Program of our daughter Lena (15).
"Lena wants to participate in such a program, managed and supported by US and German student exchange organizations, in 2011 like her siblings Till (Buffalo, NY, 2005/06) and Nora (Allentown, PA, 207/08). The challenge is now to find a host family, willing and able to manage the specific gluten free diet of Lena.
"It would be best to find a host family in which a family member also suffers from celiac disease or gluten intolerance or with a mindset to respect the necessary diet requirements.
"We only need to find a family that would like to host Lena for one school year. All necessary administrational tasks will be arranged by the exchange organization.
"I'd be very glad if you and your organization could support us and I'm liking forward to hearing from you.
"Kind regards
Volkmar Kleinschmidt"

If you are interested in helping this family out, please contact:
Annette Bentley, BA, MSc
President, American Celiac Society
PO Box 23455
New Orleans, LA 70183-0455
504-737-3293  
www.americanceliacsociety.org
info@americanceliacsociety.org

Till SzaboAnother Student Exchange

We are trying to help locate a host family during the 2011 school year for a Swiss boy with newly diagnosed with celiac disease. Please see his letter below.
Any interested host families will work with the family and agency to confirm the details of the exchange.
"I am looking for a place to spend one year as a high school exchange student in the USA from August 2011 to June 2012. As a surprise I have just been diagnosed with Celiac Disease. The student exchange organization YFU www.yfu.org suggested I find a family who is familiar with the special dietary needs and who are willing to welcome me as my host family for one year.
"So here is about me:
My name is Till Szabo and I am 15 years old. I am an open minded, easygoing and rather humorous person. I am the tallest of my family (with currently 6ft 2 and growing) and I have two older sisters.
"My favorite leisure activity is sports and I am really into surfing even though there is no ocean near Switzerland. On the other hand I am one of the few Europeans who does not play soccer but I am playing floorball in a local team. I play the guitar and I sing in a choir. I like music and l am active in the adventure scouts as leader.
"My high school studies focus on economics which matches my current interest in law and business. For the exchange year I am looking forward to living in a different culture and I am curious to be exposed to new ideas and life concepts. The only restriction really is my allergy to cat fur.
"I look forward to meeting you!"
If you are interested in helping this student, please contact his mother, Stephanie von Bidder. Here is her contact information:
Stephanie von Bidder
Unt. Batterieweg 73
4059 Basel
078 809 24 36
www.vonbidder.ch
www.loesbar.org
www.reflecting.ch
Email: st.vonbidder@bluewin.ch

0 comments: